Service. Integrity. Honesty.
"Owning a home is a keystone of wealth… both financial affluence and emotional security."
~ Suze Orman
Service. Integrity. Honesty.These are not just words, they are building blocks; they can be used to raise a child, build a life, or grow a business. There are no short cuts, just like there are no get rich quick schemes or fad diets that really work. We get to where we want to go by doing the right things, making the right decisions, and treating people the right way, every day, day in and day out, without exception.
Cornerstone Capital Financial Services is a mortgage broker licensed by the NJ Department of Banking and Insurance, but we aspire to be much, much more. Our clients have entrusted us with the welfare of- in most cases- their most precious and significant financial asset- their home. We never, ever, forget our responsibility to their financial well being- we never take that trust for granted.
Questions & answers
EVERYONE! There is a ‘myth’ that only people with credit or income challenges work with mortgage brokers- nothing could be further from the truth. More than half of our clients have near perfect credit and would easily qualify for a conventional loan from a bank, but they choose to work with Cornerstone for all the reasons stated above.
- Purchase Loans
- Refinance- Rate and Term Reduction
- Refinance- Cash Out
- Fannie Mae
- Freddie Mac
- FHA including 203k construction financing
- VA Loans
- USDA Loans
- Freddie Relief
- Home Equity Loans
- Jumbo Home Loans
- Reverse Mortgage Loans
- Limited/Reduced Documentation Loans
- 2 - 4 unit residential properties
- Rates: Mortgage brokers can offer the same rates as banks, sometimes even lower! The wholesale lenders that we work with are able to offer the lowest, most competitive market rates- through us- to you- because they do not need to maintain local ‘brick and mortar’ retail space to market their products.
- Price: It is NOT more expensive to work with a mortgage broker! Again, contrary to belief, in many cases it costs even less. The lenders we work with credit money back- at closing- to offset third party closing costs, and many of the loans we do are ‘lender-paid’ transactions, meaning that the wholesale lender covers our compensation 100%.
- Service: We do not get paid, nor do we charge one slim dime, unless we close your loan. The loan officer helping you at your local bank branch will be collecting a paycheck, most likely on the 15th and 31st, regardless of whether or when or never or not your loan closes. Remember the cheetah and the rabbit? Science says the cheetah is faster- but he doesn’t always win the race; he is running for his lunch, while the rabbit is running for his life! Nobody will run- to close your loan- faster or harder than us.
- Transparency: One of the main differences between a broker and a banker is transparency. Federal and state disclosure regulations require that we itemize and disclose all compensation and third party fees separately; banks are NOT required to disclose their compensation.
- Choices, choices, choices: We are currently approved with over a dozen lenders, each with a slightly different product mix. Whatever your situation or specific financing requirement may be, we can likely find a mortgage that works for you.
We are very active and connected to the River Edge community as well as Paramus, Hackensack, Oradell, Teaneck, Ridgewood and Wyckoff, and have many satisfied clients all over NJ.
We love helping people obtain mortgage financing, whether it is for a purchase, rate reduction refinance, debt consolidation, or to convert equity to cash, if that is what is needed. However, just as important as consummating that transaction is making sure that we have explored every viable financing option to make sure, when we close that loan, we leave our client in the best possible situation. It is also essential that they understand the financial instrument that they have signed for, its pros and cons, and how best to manage it for their long term well being.
That is who we are- proudly- and we stand ready to help. We look forward to hearing from you.